Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Awkward Middle Stage...

Anyone that’s lost a big amount of weight will understand what I’m talking about here!

I was going through my wardrobe today trying to find something for casual lunch with some friends and discovered that nothing really fits me. Now this would be fine except I’ve been at this point for about a month now. Jeans are all too big and fall down or too small and won’t do up – it really is that big of a difference. So here I am at a size 21, apparently, and desperately trying to find the motivation to carry on with my weight loss. It’s no secret that I’ve stalled recently. This is partly due to my body having enough and partly down to my new found party lifestyle which in no small part is due to my boosted confidence of late. 


Now, of course I want to be able to feel fabulous in my wedding dress and I would love to be able to think about the things that “normal” sized people think about when they are buying clothes “does it look good? How can I style it” etc etc. Instead, I have to think about how big my hips are and if it’s going to cling to my belly. But at this stage, it almost seems a better option to give up and gain a small amount of weight back so that my jeans will fit me again!

That said, I find it really easy to forget how far I’ve come already. I’ve lost four stone over the past 18 months or so. Yes, it’s a lot slower than I had hoped for but I’m still in a much better situation than I was. My BMI has come down by 10 whole points and I now only have the one chin. But ultimately, I’m not where I want to be yet. I still want to lose 3-4 dress sizes and, even though BMI charts are wildly inaccurate, I would love to get into the “healthy weight” category. I just want to be happy in my own skin, I don’t ever remember feeling like that about myself.

So, here are my new targets;
Celebrate what you have already achieved
Keep the goal in mind – ALL THE TIME!!
Celebrate the small victories. Even the tiny ones.

Let's see how long I can stick to these shall we....

No comments:

Post a Comment